Jala is looking for a product manager with expertise in building, developing, and crafting simple, delightful product experiences that can help farmers manage their shrimp farms, increase their productivity, and create a sustainable farm. You will join the Farm Management Solution product team that is working on developing a digital platform for shrimp farmers to record the cultivation data, monitor their farm performance, and get actionable insights to minimize the risk of failure in shrimp farming.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Led the Farm Management Solution product team from the discovery to delivery phase.
- Shaping the product vision and product strategies (that includes market research and analysis, go-to-market strategies, and time to market).
- Create a PRD with product development priorities and objectives.
- Measure and analysis of product implementation and product performance (outcome) using a qualitative method or quantitative data-informed approach.
- Working with product design and engineering team to design and develop Jala products.
- Contributing to the company culture development that’s inspiring and fun.
- Meet and talk with shrimp farmers to identify the primary problem in shrimp farming and what’s needed and then translate it into products or features that associated with Jala.
Technical Capabilities and skills:
- Having 2-3 years of experience in product development and product manager role.
- Having experienced and knowledge in Saas products is a plus.
- Creative thinking, problem-solving, and persistence.
- Able to demonstrate good analytical, communication, and leadership skill.
- Having experience with digital product (web/mobile app) development is a plus.
- Have a strong understanding of and experience working in the product management discipline.
- Having experience in data analytics software like Mixpanel or Amplitude.
- Have high curiosity on a certain problem
- Having experienced and knowledge in the agriculture and aquaculture field is a plus.
In general, there are three stages of product manager recruitment in Jala:
- Resume and portfolio screening.
- On-site or call interview (we do recruitment in virtual since 2020).
Resume and portfolio screening
You will be asked to share your resume along with background information from academics and professional career experiences. Jala is looking for the culture-fit and technical skills to fit into the role that you apply from your past experiences. This process can take up to 7 working days.
If you pass the first stage, you will be asked to book a schedule for an interview with the Jala team consisting of the product manager, lead engineer, and head of HR. There are several topics that will be discussed in the interview, starting with behavioural rounds and mock product interviews.
The details of each topic will be elaborated on below,
In this topic, Jala looking for the value and cultural fit from your past experience with the engineering team and Jala as the company. Including your motivation to apply for a role at Jala tech. We recommend you to read more about our company stories on the https://jala.tech/about/ and https://jala.tech/press/
Mock product manager interview
In this topic, you will be asked to create a product design from the cases or ideas asked by the interviewer. Jala wants to dig deeper into your product management knowledge. From how to break down the specific case or idea and your steps to shape the idea into a product design or mock-up and your ability to communicate the possible solution to the team. In this process, you are free to ask and discuss with the interviewer regarding the problems and possible solutions. This topic takes around 30 to 60 minutes.
About Jala Tech
JALA offers a one-stop digital solution for shrimp farmers, leveraging their farming practices to ensure profitability and sustainability. We combine IoT water monitoring and data analytics system to achieve precision farming. JALA was founded by shrimp farmers that believe technologies will scale up shrimp production in a sustainable way. The complexity of the causes of failure in farming shrimp can be minimized by technology that helps farmers in taking preventive steps about the existing problems.