Jala is looking for a product marketing manager with expertise in product positioning, user research, content development to community management experiences that can help farmers engage with Jala products and success. You will join the Farm Management Solution (FMS) product team that is working on developing a digital platform for shrimp farmers to record the cultivation data, monitor their farm performance, and get actionable insights to minimize the risk of failure in shrimp farming.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Own and drive a holistic product and communication strategy in coordination with the rest of the FMS team; oversee the go-to-market strategy and ongoing cadence for high-priority feature releases from concept to launch and adoption
- Lead thinking and analysis to better understand customer needs and the competitive landscape; represent the voice of the customer in roadmap discussions
- Develop meaningful insights from user and market research that inform marketing strategy and messaging
- Partner with marketing and communication team on content creation and messaging; build new touchpoints and channel strategies as needed
- Collaborate with cross-product and growth marketing teams to execute campaigns to lift brand awareness, product usage, and acquire new customers
- Build and communicate regular metrics/reporting around the product, with an emphasis on insights, blockers and areas of opportunity
- Collaborate with key partners across our company, including market leads, product, business, analytics, design, and user research teams, to develop strategies and plans in support of our marketing and business goals
- Run partner and agency relationships to ensure timely work and strong results
Technical Capabilities and skills:
- Having experience in creating and executing product marketing strategies
- Have launched and driven adoption for Saas and hardware products, with ultimate accountability for a cross-functional effort, owning and achieving key metrics
- Having great storyteller skills and able to translate complex products and features into concepts that are engaging and easy to understand
- Have understanding in the marketing funnel and how to optimize it at each stage
- You are analytical, strategic and creative, and are comfortable operating independently in a fast-paced environment
- Having excellent project management skills with strong attention to detail; you are a strong communicator and enjoy working cross-functionally
- Able to demonstrate good analytical, communication, and leadership skill.
- Having experience with digital product (web/mobile app) development is a plus.
- Have a strong understanding of and experience working in the product management discipline.
- Having experience in data analytics software like Mixpanel or Amplitude.
- Have experience and knowledge in the agriculture and aquaculture field is a plus.
In general, there are three stages of product manager recruitment in Jala:
- Resume and portfolio screening.
- On-site or call interview (we do recruitment in virtual since 2020).
Resume and portfolio screening
You will be asked to share your resume along with background information from academics and professional career experiences. Jala is looking for the culture-fit and technical skills to fit into the role that you apply from your past experiences. This process can take up to 7 working days.
If you pass the first stage, you will be asked to book a schedule for an interview with the Jala team consisting of the product manager, lead engineer, and head of HR. There are several topics that will be discussed in the interview, starting with behavioural rounds and product marketing manager interviews.
The details of each topic will be elaborated on below,
In this topic, Jala looking for the value and cultural fit from your past experience with the engineering team and Jala as the company. Including your motivation to apply for a role at Jala tech. We recommend you to read more about our company stories on https://jala.tech/about/ and https://jala.tech/press/
Product marketing manager interview
In this topic, you will be asked to create a product marketing strategy based on cases or ideas asked by the interviewer. Jala wants to dig deeper into your product marketing knowledge. From inbound marketing to outbound marketing and your ability to communicate the possible solution to the team. In this process, you are free to ask and discuss with the interviewer regarding the problems and possible solutions. This topic takes around 30 to 60 minutes.
About Jala Tech
JALA offers a one-stop digital solution for shrimp farmers, leveraging their farming practices to ensure profitability and sustainability. We combine IoT water monitoring and data analytics system to achieve precision farming. JALA was founded by shrimp farmers that believe technologies will scale up shrimp production in a sustainable way. The complexity of the causes of failure in farming shrimp can be minimized by technology that helps farmers in taking preventive steps about the existing problems.