Procurement Engineer Job Responsibilities:
“Ensure the quality, reliability, and availability of purchased materials. Responsible for the qualification of supplier processes and purchased material for conformance to product specification.”
Roles and responsibilities:
Procurement Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
- Analyze all suppliers in order to select the most suitable suppliers who are able to deliver high-quality products at competitive pricing.
- Negotiate with suppliers on lead-time, cost, and quality so as to obtain the maximum benefit for the company.
- Manage suppliers to meet objectives related to cost, delivery performance, schedule, and quality.
- Develop purchasing or sourcing strategies based on portfolio analyses and supplier preferencing study.
- Define and maintain documented category and supplier strategies using market and competitive data.
- Liaise with suppliers on delivery schedule so as to ensure on-time deliveries of the final product.
- Develop, implement and drive the procurement strategies in order to meet cost savings targets.
- Review and manage the supplier base to ensure consistency with the sourcing strategy.
- Perform regular performance review with suppliers to drive continuous improvements.
- Create monthly performance reviews and reports focusing on overall sourcing requirements.
- Coordinate with the vendor on continuous quality improvement.
- Diploma or Bachelor Degree from engineering.
- Good to have the experience to evaluate products and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Conducting reviews of material specifications and hardware and electrical component design and manufacturing processes.
- Evaluating forms of empirical analysis, modelling, and testing methodologies to validate product designs and specifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English.
- Ability to effectively communicate procurement architectures, plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at senior management levels.