By visiting, accessing, downloading, or using the Jala Services, you expressly consent to the collection, use, storage, transfer, processing, and disclosure of your information, including personal information and user data. Your privacy and the security of your personal data matters to us, so please get to know our privacy practices and contact us should you have any questions about your personal data. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Policy covers our treatment of information that is collected by us or submitted by you in relation to your use of the Service, including automatically collected non-personally identifiable information, personally identifiable information, user data, and user content. When you visit the Service without registering for an Account, you can browse without submitting any personally identifiable information. In order to set up an Account and use the Services, however, you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, home address, billing address, and telephone number and your farm information such as farm name, farm address, type of farm, and numbers of pond inside the farm.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by third parties, including our third party payment processor or any Linked Sites. We have no control over, and no responsibility or liability for any third party collection, use, disclosure, or retention of your information and that collection, use, disclosure, and retention is not subject to this Policy. Be sure to review the privacy policies of any Linked Sites or other third party services you may access.
JALA reserves the right to revise this Policy from time to time by updating it and publishing it at jala.tech/privacy-policy/ with the revised Policy taking effect on the date of Posting. You should review this Policy from time to time so you are familiar with the most current version. Your use of the Service after the Effective Date posted above will constitute your acceptance of the updated Policy.
Collection of Information and Data
We collect the following types of information:
- Account, Login, Purchase, and Shipping Information. If you create an Account on the Site or Application or pre-order or purchase any Products from JALA using the Site or other communication channels such as phone, SMS and instant messaging app like WhatsApp, you will be asked to provide some personal information about yourself, including, but not limited to, your first and last name, your email address, your shipping address, your phone number, credit card information, your farm address.
- Email Address Collection. You may provide your email address in offline (name card, submit our guest book while visiting our office or JALA booth in any events) or online by subscribing to JALA newsletter or register an Account to use Service. In addition to updates about JALA products and services, we may use your email address to send you newsletters, promotions, or advertisements that we think may be of interest to you. If you would like to stop receiving promotional messages from us or third parties, please click on the opt-out link in any non-Service related email you receive.
- Information Collected by Products; User Data. If you purchase and use any Products with the Service, including, but not limited to, Baruno water quality monitoring device and JALA farming platform (web application and mobile application), we will collect some information related to your use of the Products, including, but not limited to: information collected during Product setup, such as information about the exact address where the Product will be used or the location within your home where Products will be used; times and dates of usage; and technical information from the Products, such as Product model, serial number or software version, Product status, Product settings, signal strength, usage statistics, and use of system, web application, and mobile application (all collectively, “User Data”). The collection and use of your User Data allows JALA to track use of the Service; send notifications to you about your Products; and to otherwise provide the Service to you.
- Location Data. Certain features available in the Service may allow or require us to obtain your location information, including GPS coordinates in real time (“GPS Location”) or nearest telecommunication tower from your water quality device. Your GPS Location may allow us to locate you with a high degree of precision and also as the compensation for sensor readings. If the Service is unable to acquire your GPS Location, certain features of the Service may not be available to you. We may collect and use GPS Location information over time to offer you services or to protect, enhance, or update the Service.
- Water Quality Data. We collect information and water quality data from you pond, from your Baruno water quality monitoring device and the data that you input using our Service such as web application and mobile application. Water quality data, including, but not limited to several water parameters such as pH, salinity, dissolved oxygen, temperature, electric conductivity, total dissolved solid, sea water gravity, turbidity, ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, alkalinity. Water quality data sent from Baruno water quality monitoring device is encrypted. We may collect and use the water quality data over time to offer you services or to protect, enhance, giving better and more accurate recommendation that fit to your need and based on actual condition of your pond.
- Cultivation data. We collect information and operation data of your cultivation. The cultivation data collected from the transaction that you record and input to JALA web application and mobile application. Cultivation data, including, but not limited to daily feed consumption, shrimp sample such as average body weight, shrimp size or count, harvest data such as total harvest or partial harvest, total biomass, and harvest date, shrimp prices, survival rate, pond properties such as pond area, pond depth, cycle properties such as total seed, cycle start date. We may collect and use the cultivation data over time to offer you services or to protect, enhance, giving better and more accurate cultivation recommendation and prediction such as total biomass estimation, survival rate, shrimp size or count, and harvest time that fits to your need and based on actual condition of your cultivation.
- Financial data of your cultivation. We collect information and transaction data of your cultivation. The financial data collected from the transaction that you record and input to JALA web application and mobile application. Financial data, including, but not limited to income transactions data such as harvest selling, farm capital, receivables, and other incomes, expense transactions such as, seeds or post larvae, chemical products, feeds, farm facilities and infrastructures, probiotics, gasoline, debt, farm constructions, payroll, electricity, harvest, pond preparations, land lease and other expenses. We may collect and use the financial data over time to offer you services or to protect, enhance, giving better and more accurate recommendation that fits to your need and based on actual condition of your cultivation.
- Automatically Collected Information. Similar to other web sites and mobile applications, we may collect some information automatically and store it in log files. We may use Mixpanel or other third party analytics providers to collect this information about the Service. This information does not identify you. This collection may include, but is not limited to: your IP address, browser type and language, device type, referring/exit pages and URLs, other browser history, platform type, number of clicks, landing pages, cookie information, the pages you requested and viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time of each request you make. We collect this non-identifying information in order to better understand our customer base, to more efficiently operate our business, to promote our products and services, and to improve the quality of the Service. We do not link analytics information with any of your personally identifiable information, or User Data.
Usage of Information and Data
- General. We will use your personally identifiable information to operate, manage and administer your Account and the Service; to fulfill your orders for Products; to provide you with support or a more personalized experience; to communicate with you; to monitor Service usage; to improve the Service or Products and to develop and test new products, services, websites, or applications; to match interests; to provide you information about products and services (including the products and services of third parties); to resolve disputes; to detect and protect against errors, fraud, and illegal activity; to assist law enforcement; to enforce this Policy and the Terms; to measure consumer interest; or for any other purpose described in this Policy or described to you at the time of collection.
- Communications. We may use your personally identifiable information to send you emails, notifications, text messages, or other communications related to your use of the Service, your Account, your orders for Products; or to respond to your inquiries or requests. You may not opt-out of Service-related emails which are not promotional in nature. We may also send you promotional emails to notify you about products or services that may be of interest to you. If you would like to stop receiving promotional messages from us or third parties, please click on the opt-out link in any non-Service related email you receive. If you opt-out, you will continue to receive Service-related communications from us.
- Use of Non-Personally Identifiable and Aggregate Information. We may use non-personally identifiable information and aggregate information for any lawful purpose, including, but not limited to, analyzing trends, managing and administering the Service, tracking users’ movements, to create new products or services, for research purposes, or to improve our business and the Service. We may also share aggregate information with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising and to analyze and report on the advertising you see. In addition, we may share aggregate statistical information with our business partners. We may also combine your non-personally identifiable information and aggregate information with other non-personally identifiable information and aggregate information collected from other sources. Aggregate information will not be connected with your personally-identifiable information.
Disclosure of Information and Data
- Affiliated Entities and Service Providers. We may disclose your information, including personal information, to any affiliated entity or organization, business partner, and to agents and service providers to help us operate the Service, improve our business or the Service, to provide services to us. These third parties may include customer service providers, business or sales service providers, or providers that provide support for the Service. Use of information by affiliated entities and service providers will be subject to this Policy or an agreement at least as restrictive as this Policy. We will not share your personal information for marketing purposes or with other third parties for purposes unrelated to the Service without your explicit consent.
- Legal Requirements. In some cases, we may disclose your information, including personal information, User Content, or User Data (i) as required by any applicable law or legal regulation; (ii) if we believe disclosure is needed to protect our rights, property, or safety; (iii) to government regulators or law enforcement authorities in connection with any judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or legal process served on us or the Service; and (iv) to respond to a physical threat to you or another person.
- Insolvency and Business Transitions. If we should ever file for bankruptcy or engage in a business transition such as a merger with another company, or if we purchase, sell, or reorganize all or part of our business or assets, we may disclose your information, including personal information, User Content, and User Data, to prospective or actual purchasers in connection with one of these transactions.
- Aggregate Information. We may share aggregate information with our affiliated entities and service providers, business partners, or with other third parties or the general public. We may publish information about usage statistics and trends and connect this information with certain demographic information. We may disclose this information in order to contribute to research, or to improve the Service and Products. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that aggregate information is never associated with you or your personal information.
- Disclaimer. We cannot ensure that all of your personal information and User Data will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy. For example, a third party may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or other users of the Service may abuse or misuse your personal information or User Data. No transmission of data over the internet can be 100% secure.
Accessing, update, or remove your content and personal data
You may access, update, or delete your personal information by contacting us at: email@example.com. We will make good faith efforts to resolve requests to correct inaccurate information except where the request is unreasonable, requires disproportionate technical effort or expense, jeopardizes the privacy of others, or would be impractical. If your Account is terminated for any reason, your information will no longer be accessible through your Account or associated with your Account. However, activity that occurred prior to deletion may still continue to be stored on our systems or the systems of our service providers indefinitely.