Jala is looking for a product designer with expertise in building, developing, and crafting simple, delightful product experiences that help farmers manage their shrimp farms, increase their productivity, and create sustainable farms. You will join the Farm Management Solution product team that is working on developing a digital platform for shrimp farmers to record the cultivation data, monitor their farm performance, and get actionable insights to minimize the risk of failure in shrimp farming.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Working in all product design cycles, from product discovery to delivery. (user research to the user journey, wireframes, prototype tests, and so on).
- Create pixel-perfect mockups and design specs
- Working on some Jala products on different platforms (web app and mobile app)
- Working with product and engineering team to design and develop Jala product
- Contributing to the company culture development that’s inspiring and fun. Develop the UX concepts of Jala like user needs, task analysis, user personas, storyboard, use case scenarios, and user flow.
- Meet and talk with shrimp farmers to identify the primary problem in shrimp farming and what’s needed and then translate it into product or features that associated with Jala.
Technical Capabilities and skills:
- Having 1-3 years of experience in UI and UX prototype development (we’re Figma users!).
- Creative thinking.
- Having product design portfolios is a must.
- Having experience with HTML/CSS/JS is a plus.
- Having experience in the development of documented high fidelity UX design using Figma or Adobe product for responsive design web app and Android mobile app.
- Having knowledge in motion design like Lottie
- Having an interest in the agriculture and aquaculture field is a plus.
In general, there are three stages of product manager recruitment in Jala:
- Resume and portfolio screening.
- On-site or call interview (we do recruitment in virtual since 2020).
Resume and portfolio screening
You will be asked to share your resume along with background information from academics and professional career experiences. Jala is looking for the culture-fit and technical skills to fit into the role that you apply from your past experiences. This process can take up to 7 working days.
If you pass the first stage, you will be asked to book a schedule for an interview with the Jala team consisting of the product manager, lead engineer, and head of HR. There are several topics that will be discussed in the interview, starting with behavioural round and mock product interviews.
The details of each topic will be elaborated on below,
In this topic, Jala looking for the value and cultural fit from your past experience with the engineering team and Jala as the company. Including your motivation to apply for a role at Jala tech. We recommend you to read more about our company stories on https://jala.tech/about/ and https://jala.tech/press/
Mock product designer interview
In this topic, you will be asked to create a product design from the cases or ideas asked by the interviewer. Jala wants to dig deeper into your product design knowledge. From how to break down the specific case or idea and your steps to shape the idea into a product design or mock-up and your ability to communicate the possible solution to the team. In this process, you are free to ask and discuss with the interviewer regarding the problems and possible solutions. This topic takes around 30 to 60 minutes.
About Jala Tech
JALA offers a one-stop digital solution for shrimp farmers, leveraging their farming practices to ensure profitability and sustainability. We combine IoT water monitoring and data analytics system to achieve precision farming. JALA was founded by shrimp farmers that believe technologies will scale up shrimp production in a sustainable way. The complexity of the causes of failure in farming shrimp can be minimized by technology that helps farmers in taking preventive steps about the existing problems.