Jala Tech is looking for someone who is experienced in business development, especially in the agricultural or aquaculture sector. We inviting you to join our developing team.
- Implement and manage the business development system, strategy, and concept in the development area
- Building a relationship & negotiation with prospective costumer that support the growth of Jala SmartFarm building and acquisition
- Capable of evaluating financial aspects of SmartFarm acquisition
- Collaborate with The Commercialization, Risk, Assessment, and Technical Operation team to drive growth and profit
- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers
- Visit and assess the customer’s farm in a remote area
- Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- Assess and calculate the risks of the SmartFarm model
- Negotiate the commercial agreement with the prospective costumers
- Consolidate and analyze all the KPI of area development
Note: other responsibilities that are not stated here can also be discussed upon joining the company.
Technical Capabilities and skills
- Having minimum 2 years experience with a proven track record in rapid and high-quality execution
- Bachelor’s degree in any major or related experience
- Have a proven track record in customer acquisition and retention
- Has a strong managerial skill
- Critical and analytical thinking ability in understanding customers needs
- Excellent in communication skills, analysis, and demonstrated ability to influence costumers
- Has “A” driving license and passed the commentary driving
- Proficient in Excel/Spreadsheet (Pivot Table), Slide/PowerPoint, Google Docs, Jala apps, CRM Software, Google Data Studio (read-only)
- Bachelor degree in economics or aquaculture
- Entrepreneurial & problem-solver
- Proficient in English and Bahasa
- Have job experience as Bussiness Development in hospitality, lodging/hotel acquisition, franchise model company, startup company or shrimp farm/aquaculture/agriculture company, etc.
- Willing to place and stay in any location across Sumatera
In general, there are two stages of Business Development Manager recruitment:
- Resume and portfolio screening
- On-site or call interview (we do recruitment in virtual since 2020)
Resume and portfolio screening
You will be asked to share your resume along with background information from academics and professional career experiences. Jala is looking for the culture-fit and technical skills to fit into the role that you apply from your past experiences. This process can take up to 7 working days.
If you pass the first stage, you will be asked to book a schedule for an interview with the Jala team consisting of the VP Smart Farm and the head of HR. There are several topics that will be discussed in the interview, starting with the behavioral round and mock product interviews.
In this topic, Jala looking for the value and cultural fit from your past experience with the engineering team and Jala as the company. Including your motivation to apply for a role at Jala tech. We recommend you to read more about our company stories on https://jala.tech/about/ dan https://jala.tech/press/
About Jala Tech
Jala offers a one-stop digital solution for shrimp farmers, leveraging their farming practices to ensure profitability and sustainability. We combine IoT water monitoring and data analytics system to achieve precision farming. Jala was founded by shrimp farmers that believe technologies will scale up shrimp production in a sustainable way. The complexity of the causes of failure in farming shrimp can be minimized by technology that helps farmers in taking preventive steps about the existing problems.