Jala is looking for data scientists with expertise in building and deploys predictive models and algorithms in order to help us grow, predict the shrimp disease, analyse the water quality and farm operational condition, deliver products that help farmers manage their shrimp farms, increase their productivity, and create a sustainable farm.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Help Smart Farm team analyze and evaluate the shrimp cultivation process through data.
- Giving insights to support the Smart Farm team to do cultivation data collection, processing, and reporting.
- Develop and monitor credit scoring for shrimp farming.
- Designing and implements the data pipelines, ETL process and analytics tools.
- Designing AI/machine learning algorithms that are able to model, predict, and identify any kind of data related to the Smart Farm team.
Technical Capabilities and skills:
- Familiarity with data mining and data modelling
- Able to collect and process data from any resource using SQL, R/Phyton or other scripting and statistics tools.
- Having experience in data analytics.
- Having experience in AWS technology is a plus.
- Having experience in using machine learning frameworks.
- Having experience in statistical analysis (ex: hypothetical test, experimentations, regression) and familiar with statistics tools (Matlab, R, SAS, or Python).
- Having experience/porto in credit scoring cases is a plus.
In general, there are three stages of product manager recruitment in Jala:
- Resume and portfolio screening.
- Data science test case.
- On-site or call interview (we do recruitment in virtual since 2020).
Resume and portfolio screening
You will be asked to share your resume along with background information from academics and professional career experiences. Jala is looking for the culture-fit and technical skills to fit into the role that you apply from your past experiences. This process can take up to 7 working days.
Data science test case
You will be asked to working on the data science test. Where you will process and analyze a set of data provided by the Jala team. Jala is looking for the skills and capabilities that fit into the role. This process can take up to 7 working days.
If you pass the second stage, you will be asked to book a schedule for an interview with the Jala team consisting of the product manager, lead engineer, data scientist, and head of HR. There are several topics that will be discussed in the interview, starting with the behavioural round and data science test interview.
The details of each topic will be elaborated on below,
In this topic, Jala looking for the value and cultural fit from your past experience with the engineering team and Jala as the company. Including your motivation to apply for a role at Jala tech. We recommend you to read more about our company stories on https://jala.tech/about/ and https://jala.tech/press/
Data science test interview
In this topic, you will be asked to present the result of your data science test case. Jala wants to dig deeper into your data science knowledge. From how you break down the case and your steps to process and analyze the data, also your ability t communicate the result to the team. In this process, you are free to ask and discuss with the interviewer regarding the problems and possible solutions. This topic takes around 30 to 60 minutes.
About Jala Tech
JALA offers a one-stop digital solution for shrimp farmers, leveraging their farming practices to ensure profitability and sustainability. We combine IoT water monitoring and data analytics system to achieve precision farming. JALA was founded by shrimp farmers that believe technologies will scale up shrimp production in a sustainable way. The complexity of the causes of failure in farming shrimp can be minimized by technology that helps farmers in taking preventive steps about the existing problems.