We are looking for a Head of Tech Operation!
Objectives for Head of Tech Operation
- Build monitoring system and standard operation procedure (SOP) for shrimp cultivation management
- Provide technical assistant for the Shrimp Farm under JALA SMART FARM Program
- Create shrimp production plan and responsible to achieve shrimp production target
- The lead Technical Operation, Technical Service, and RnD team
- Organize and execute technical training for the Technical team and Technical Sales staff
- Implement a cultivation process that is sustainable and environmentally friendly
- Utilizing digital technology for the shrimp cultivation process
- Identify the potential place for shrimp farm with good water quality across Indonesia
- Calculate and implement the CAPEX and OPEX planning, budgeting, and expenditure for shrimp farming
- Collaborate with The Commercialization, Risk, Assessment, and Business Development team to drive growth of productivity, and profit orientation
Note: other responsibilities that are not stated here can also be discussed upon joining the company.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of shrimp farm industry experience and knowledge and at least 5 years with the hands-on farm, aquaculture grow-out, nutrition, and/or health
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in any aquaculture or related experience
- Full understanding and mastering of the industrial scale culture of shrimp in farms, including culture management, feeding, water quality management, health aspects, cost, and efficiency management
- Good familiarity with digital technology for shrimp cultivation
- Has a strong leadership skill
- Excellent in communication skills, analysis, and demonstrated ability to influence customers
- Critical and analytical thinking ability in shrimp disease prevention, and solution
- Proficient in English and Indonesian language
- Proficient in Excel/Spreadsheet (Pivot Table), Slide/PowerPoint, Google Docs, Jala apps, CRM Software, Google Data Studio (read-only)
- Customer-focused and target driven
- Willing to travel intensively throughout Indonesia
- Have job experience as Technical Operation Lead in shrimp farm company, feed/probiotics company, or hatchery company
In general, there are two stages of Head of Tech Operation recruitment:
- Resume and portfolio screening
- On-site or call interview (we do recruitment in virtual since 2020)
Resume and portfolio screening
You will be asked to share your resume along with background information from academics and professional career experiences. Jala is looking for the culture-fit and technical skills to fit into the role that you apply from your past experiences. This process can take up to 7 working days.
If you pass the first stage, you will be asked to book a schedule for an interview with the Jala team consisting of the VP Smart Farm and the head of HR. There are several topics that will be discussed in the interview, starting with the behavioral round and mock product interviews.
In this topic, Jala looking for the value and cultural fit from your past experience with the engineering team and Jala as the company. Including your motivation to apply for a role at Jala tech. We recommend you to read more about our company stories on https://jala.tech/about/ dan https://jala.tech/press/
About Jala Tech
Jala offers a one-stop digital solution for shrimp farmers, leveraging their farming practices to ensure profitability and sustainability. We combine IoT water monitoring and data analytics system to achieve precision farming. Jala was founded by shrimp farmers that believe technologies will scale up shrimp production in a sustainable way. The complexity of the causes of failure in farming shrimp can be minimized by technology that helps farmers in taking preventive steps about the existing problems.