Jala is looking for a software engineer or full-stack developer (Web App) with experience in building and deploys web applications using PHP Laravel and Vue.js that help farmers manage their shrimp farms, increase their productivity, and create a sustainable farm. You will join the Farm Management Solution product team that is working on developing a digital platform for shrimp farmers to record the cultivation data, monitor their farm performance, and get actionable insights to minimize the risk of failure in shrimp farming.
You can visit our current web app at https://app.jala.tech
Roles and responsibilities:
- Working with the marketplace product team (product manager and product designer) from discovery and delivery.
- Develop the new features and optimizing Jala web app.
- Create and document the Jala API Endpoint.
- Maintenance and optimizing Jala website.
- Being a DevOps for the new website and web app update.
Technical Capabilities and skills:
- Having experience in web app development using PHP, Laravel, and Vue.js
- Having knowledge using the package manager (NPM) is a plus
- Create an API using Laravel
- Understand with object-oriented PHP
- Having experience with AWS technology is a plus
- Understand the RESTful concepts
- Experienced with version control like Git
In general, there are three stages of product manager recruitment in Jala:
- Resume and portfolio screening.
- On-site or call interview (we do recruitment in virtual since 2020).
Resume and portfolio screening
You will be asked to share your resume along with background information from academics and professional career experiences. Jala is looking for the culture-fit and technical skills to fit into the role that you apply from your past experiences. This process can take up to 7 working days.
If you pass the first stage, you will be asked to book a schedule for an interview with the Jala team consisting of the product manager, lead engineer, and head of HR. There are several topics that will be discussed in the interview, starting with behavioural rounds and knowledge and skill test.
The details of each topic will be elaborated on below,
In this topic, Jala looking for the value and cultural fit from your past experience with the engineering team and Jala as the company. Including your motivation to apply for a role at Jala tech. We recommend you to read more about our company stories on https://jala.tech/about/ and https://jala.tech/press/
Knowledge and skill test
In this topic, you will be asked to create a product design from the cases or ideas asked by the interviewer. Jala wants to dig deeper into your software development knowledge. In this process, you are free to ask and discuss with the interviewer regarding the problems and possible solutions. This topic takes around 30 to 60 minutes.
About Jala Tech
JALA offers a one-stop digital solution for shrimp farmers, leveraging their farming practices to ensure profitability and sustainability. We combine IoT water monitoring and data analytics systems to achieve precision farming. JALA was founded by shrimp farmers that believe technologies will scale up shrimp production in a sustainable way. The complexity of the causes of failure in farming shrimp can be minimized by technology that helps farmers in taking preventive steps about the existing problems.